Wednesday 19 November 2014

No 19: Standing in the crotch of genius

My favorite monument in the USA (and possibly the world) is the Albert Einstein Memorial. It's... just wonderful. Supposedly it's made from penny's collected from American school kids, but I've never been able to verify that. However, I can confirm that if you stand in the right spot, look at him and speak, the local acoustics bounce the sound back at you. Albert speaks!

If I'm ever in DC on a touristy visit, I always make some time for Albert. It's comforting to stand in the crotch of genius!

Albert Einstein Memorial, Washington DC, Nov 19th 2014
Later in the evening I attended 'Kostume Karaoke'. I think the name says it all, so I won't go into details, other than I performed my usual rendition of 'Delilah' by Tom Jones. 

The event took place at a pub in the 8th street district of Washington DC called Little Miss Whiskey’s. It's a bit of a dive, but it had one of the best illuminated beer signs I've seen... in the toilet.


Approved by Billy Dee Williams! Little Miss Whiskey’s, Washington DC Nov 19th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment