Sunday 16 November 2014

No 16: As seen through the lens

An unexpected stumbling block to my 30 day challenge as been, unexpectedly, my camera. More precisely, the lens. About year ago I had an accident with it and horribly scratched it. I didn't realise until now how much that's affected my desire to take photos - the scratches are only apparent at certain focal lengths, so I've been content to live with them. Until now.

After reviewing the hundreds of pictures I've taken this past week, most of them are diminished by the lens blemishes. So much so that I spent the day shopping for a replacement.

I've spent a lot of my day trying different lenses at different camera shops and taking comparative pictures... until I found one. A good one - arguably a better one - at a very good price. 

As a last farewell to a lens that has served me well for 3 years, I'm making it the focus of today's picture (see what I did there?)

Sigma 17mm-70mm lens, retired. Nov 16,  2014

No comments:

Post a Comment