Thursday 13 November 2014

No 14: Compare the burger (part two)

I love it when a plan comes together. One week later and I had a good opportunity to do my burger comparison (see compare the burger part one for details). I visited Ray’s to the Third, in Arlington, Viriginia (just outside Washington DC) for dinner and had close to the same meal:
  • The ‘Big Punisher’ (Diablo Burger, Pepper Jack Cheese, Charred Jalapeños, Grilled Onions, Pirañha Sauce): $7.99
  • skin-on fries: $3.00
  • Mac n Cheese: $3.00
I skipped the coleslaw this time, but considering this wasn’t a lunch deal I think it's still a fair comparison. Total cost: $13.99 (£8.92). Last weeks price was $18.80 (£12.00)
And needless to say, today’s burger was bigger & better as well as cheaper.

In fact, even with the coleslaw it would have been cheaper (slaw was only an additional $3.00/£1.91)

BTW. don't be fooled by the photo. It's the same size burger. That is a *massive* milk shake jug and those are pretty large chips!!

And it was gooooood.


Big Punisher Burger at 'Ray's to the Third', Arlington, Washington DC. Nov 14th, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment