Saturday 17 May 2014

Day 17: Saturday


Those paying close attention will notice that yesterday was another gap day. However, unlike the previous one I wasn't idle on the writing front, so I'm not counting it as a challenge fail. I was so pleased with my writing of the previous day - who do they think you are - that I embellished it a little more and posted it on a far more public and professional forum: Medium.

I like medium. Its one of the few internet content sites that has held my attention. The pieces there are short, often topical and generally well written. Each week I get an email with a selection of featured extracts, annotated with approximate reading time and links to the full pieces. So for instance, my piece is rated as a 3 minute read.

It's this little detail which makes all the difference. In a world of information overload, digital distraction and multiple channels of input, knowing how much time you need to sacrifice  when you take a trip down the rabbit hole is critical. No one wants to lost forever in floppity bunny's boudoir. 

As for today goes, I spent it fully devoted to the challenge. I took a walk down Portobello Road, making audio notes as I went , so i can properly address one of last weeks writing topics, provided to me by you, the reader.

Theoretically that will be tomorrows post, but between now and then I'll be showing my face at several different party locations, so my head may have a different idea of how I'll be spending Sunday. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment