Friday 9 May 2014

Day 09: Deliberations


Writing about what you did every day - no matter how truthful - is easy. At least, it is for me. I wrote a diary for a long time as teen and then again as a thirty-something. And this isn't the first time I've had a blog. Therefore, this writing challenge has thus far been quite straight forward.

So, to spice things up, I thought I'd ask the 'audience' to throw some questions or topics at me. A bit of writing improv. I didn't expect too many, because I don't really believe that people reading the web these days can be bothered to interact. I also don't think too many people are interested in what I have to say about anything.

Not only was I wrong about that, but if I had any thoughts that this would continue to be easy, well, It looks like I was wrong about that too. Aome, if not all, the questions & topics provided are things I could muse over for a long time and write bucket loads about. Which makes it all the harder. I've spent the last couple of days trying to decide which ones to do (I may do more than one). So, while I continue to think about it, here they are:

Has Portobello road changed for the better or the worst, has it lost its soul? (Yannick Lynch)

This was the first and probably the best candidate. I love Portobello, I grew up around there and I still visit the area on a weekly basis, even though I don't live there any more. To do the question justice, I think I need to pay a visit with the subject in mind and then write about it. So I'll save this one for later. But I will definitely do it. Thanks Yan.

Is there such a thing as "true democracy"? (Gareth Ellis)

Hmm. I don't know if I'm qualified to pontificate on such matters. I need to think about it a bit more. I'm a lover, not a philosopher.

Why can't science solve the riddle of time, space and causality? (Chris Van Hoven)

Is there a riddle to be solved? Like the previous question, I need to think deeply about this. I'll put this on hold.

Friendship between women and men (Hajni Gyulai)

Ah, now this is a topic I can talk about. In fact I have done, with the poser of the question, on many a late night I think, a long time ago in a European town far far away. I can address this later.

John Snow knows nothing. Discuss (Dave Joyce)

We won't really know the truth of this until the story is over, will we Dave?

Discuss the intricacies of the relationship between a fan and the material of which they are a fan. (Dave Joyce)

A topic very close to my heart. Got a lot to say on this subject. I'll do this one later as well.

Tea. Discuss. (Jayme Joyce)

We already did Jayme! On this episode of the Ground Level Podcast. Check it out:



So, let me think about all these for a while and then I'll get writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment