Sunday 17 September 2023

Back in the Land of the Rising Sun

So here I am again, in Japan. This is my first visit back here since 2016. Seven years ago I came here with a friend to spend time working on a comic book project and have fun. I also lived here from 2008 to 2010.

A lot has happened in the world in the seven years that have passed since by previous visit and it feels like a lifetime. Long enough that I’d forgotten what I knew. Forgotten even what I’d forgotten. But now I’m here… it's all coming rushing back. So I thought I'd better write some stuff down

When I first came here to live back in 2008 I wrote a diary of sorts and made copious notes. But we weren’t fully in the mobile media age yet so there weren’t really smart phones or tablets or the social media we have now (there was the original iPhone & iPod Touch but I had yet to get anything like that). 

I didn’t really keep all my notes together. so its a bit tricky to go back and compare my impressions of the time. I’m going to try and do better this time. I’m only in Asia for 2 weeks and its all vocational, so no excuses for not keeping track.

I should probably make a project of digitising my earlier experience here somehow...




No comments:

Post a Comment