Tuesday 4 February 2020

Bon Matin Montreal!




Or, if you like, Good Morning Montreal! I guess today was the first day of the rest of our lives (isn't that every day?). At least for now. Anyhow, we decided it would be best spent on a walk around Town so we can get a feel for where things are, distance, etc.


After a brief WhatsApp chat with Ron & Sharon (In DC), we took a tip and walked up to Beauty's Restaurant in the Jewish quarter, for a bagel brunch. Which was totally worth it. Really good food, lovely cosy little place. I suspect that this is going to be a common description of the eateries here... and there seem to be a lot of them. On the walk up to beauty's we passed many places which peaked my hungry attention. A lot of Poutine.


Found a proper supermarket, unlike last nights more expensive place. and then took a walk - a long walk - to DNeg - where we had coffee with Lee and met the HR and Immigration team.

From there, on to downtown Montreal, via the metro system (and now we have Opus cards) to find some gloves and a good coat... and yes, I did the thing i nearly always do when I buy coats and bought the most expensive one in the store. A lovely Arc-Teryx and gloves to match. Then a little wandering around and back home.

Google Fit tells me I did 20,000 steps today. Completely knackered as I sit here and write this!

No comments:

Post a Comment